Sunday, March 4, 2012

3-4-12 Arrival day

From Washington DC it is a direct 10 hour flight to Accra, Ghana, the capital city. From the looks of my schedule, I will be spending most of my time here. Today we simply went to a mall that looks just about like any we have in the US. The computers are more expensive than ours.  We changed money. The unit here is a Cedi. One Cedi is worth about 59 cents US. The hotel is nice and has internet although between my computer and the wireless it is very slow. I am 5 hours ahead of you in time, which means when students in Geneseo are having lunch, I am having dinner. I will try to post at least writing and hopefullly some pictures each day. Tomorrow we go to the US embassy.
Mr. French

3 comments:

  1. Hi Love!! Guess what ? It snowed last night and today!! I think there will be enough to ski at Harriet tomorrow!!
    Glad your travels went well and you are adjusting to the Ghanian lifestyle!!
    Can't wait to see the school and see your students.
    Have fun!! We miss you!
    Love , Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! I will not call you love it is already taken. Glad that you had a safe trip. Do they have a Hollister at the mall?.....just asking :) Cant wait to see the pictures! Be safe and healthy. I will keep you updated on the cherubs here and I will encourage them to ask questions and keep in contact. Cams haircut looks great it is about a half centimeter higher than yours. Have fun!! and maybe RELAX if you can! :)
    B

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahhaha...funny, you going to the mall. I am glad you are safe and sound. Looking foward to seeing the country!!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete